Marion Co TOC
Graphics by Rhio
THE CANTRELL FAMILY Varied Spellings: Cantril, Cantrill, to Cantrell and Cantwell
Submitted by: Renée Cone Pero (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. John Cantril WFT. est. 1377-1454
Other information unknown.
2. Simon Cantril WFT. est. 1413-1483
3. William Cantril WFT. est 1450-1512
4. Thomas Cantril WFT est. 1487-1541
5. Ralph Cantril WFT est. 1525-1568
6. William Cantril WFT 1565-1594
7. Henry Cantril WFT est. 1616 Blakewell, Derbyshire, England.
Note: The above names were those found in very old Bible records connecting to our lineage of Cantrell's. Also listed at W.F.T. Names of wives were not given and I am currently trying to contact the lady who published the names. However, the following lineage has been verified as to be correct data linking to my most recent Cantrell member, 'Rhoda Caroline Cantrell', wife of Eli Dodson.
8. William Cantril b. 1575-80 Derbyshire, England d. 1619 Jamestown, Virginia Colony
Married after 1590, Mary (last name unknown)b. abt. 1580.
Note: William Cantrill came to America aboard the ship 'Phoenix' to Jamestown on 20 April 1608.
9. Richard L. Cantril Sr. b. 1630 Derbyshire, England Blakewell Parish d. after 1676
Married Alice (unknown maiden name) b. abt. 1635 Derbyshire, England.
10. Richard L. Cantril Jr. b. 13 May 1666 Bakewell Parish, Derbyshire, England d. before 31 May 1753 Philadelphia, Pa. Note: Richard was a brickmason.
Married abt. 1752 Philadelphia, Pa. Dorothy Jane Jones b. 1672 Flint, Wales, England.
Note: Dorothy was the daughter of Ellis Emmanuel Jones d. 1730 and Ellen Jane Evans.
11. Joseph Cantrill b. 1695 Philadelphia, Pa. ( was said to have been mentioned in the will of Grandma Jones) d. 1753 Orange, Rockingham Co., Va.
Note: Baptism was April 25, 1720.
Married Catherine Heath b. abt. 1698 Philadelphia, Pa.
12. John Cantrell b. Oct. 1724 New Castle, Pa. (now Wilmington, De.) d. Feb. 1803 Spartanburg, Spartanburg Co., S.C. Will probated Feb. 1803 Deed Bk. 'I' p. 193.
Buried Feb. 1803 Buck Creek Baptist Cemetery, Spartanburg, S.C.
Married (?) Brittain b. 1726 New Castle, Pa.
13.Joseph Cantrell b. 1748 d. after 1810 Burke Co., N.C.
Married Unknown 1768 Orange Co., Pa.
14. William Cantrell b. 1769 Randolph Co., N.C. d. 1822 Warren Co., Tenn. d. 1822 Warren Co., Tenn. (now DeKalb Co., Tenn.)
Married 1. 1789 Elizabeth Page b. abt. 1770 Va. or N.C.
Married 2. 1814 Mary Delicia Mayo n'ee Butts.
15. Abner Cantrell b. 1 Mar. 1793 96 District Spartanburg S.C. d. 18 Feb 1890 Yellville, Ark. Buried at Keesee Cemetery.
Married 1821 Mary Nelson Maxey b. 12 Jan. 1803 Tenn.
16. Rhoda Caroline Cantrell b. 1826 Marion Co., Ark. d. 14 Apr. 1870 Yellville, Ark. Buried at the Dodson Family Cemetery at Yellville, Ark.
Married 1847 Aurora, Ark. Eli Dodson b. 22 May 1828, White Co., Tenn.
Note: Eli was a Judge and Lawyer at Boone Co., Ark. Rhoda and Eli had 12 children. After the death of Rhoda then Eli married Mary Hastings. Mary died and then Eli married the sister of Rhoda, Mary Catherine Cantrell. She and Eli had 9 children
Return to Marion Co Home Page